Annual Honey Show
Driffield Show Ground, YO25 9DN
July 20th 2016
Judge: Mr I. Flatman (Wakefield)
Show Secretary: Miss L. C. Runkee
15 Convent Court, HULL.
01482 348269; email: email@example.com
There are a total of 21 classes including honey, wax, candles, cookery, photography and open classes for hive related items and crafts. Honey and wax exhibited must be the bona fide produce of the exhibitor’s own bees although cakes and confectionary can be made with any honey and does not need to be honey produced by the exhibitor’s own bees.
You can download the Schedule and Entry form here: Driffield Show Schedule 2016.
Entry fee is 50p per entry (excluding classes 4 and 11)
As well as 7 trophies and a gift pack Prize monies are 1st £5, 2nd £3 and 3rd £1.
- TWO MATCHING JARS OF LIGHT HONEY.
- TWO MATCHING JARS OF MEDIUM HONEY.
- TWO MATCHING JARS OF DARK HONEY.
- TWO MATCHING JARS OF NATURALLY GRANULATED or SOFT SET HONEY.
- ONE JAR OF HONEY, PRODUCED BY A NOVICE. This class does not require an entry fee.
- ONE JAR OF HONEY. The exhibit will be judged on taste and flavour only.
- TWO MATCHING JARS OF HEATHER or HEATHER BLEND HONEY.
- TWO MATCHING JARS of HONEY prepared as for sale.
- ONE SHALLOW OR DEEP COMB OF HONEY FOR EXTRACTION.
- TWO BEESWAX CANDLES matching in all respects. The candles to be displayed erect. They may be lit by the judge at his / her discretion.
- DISPLAY of HIVE and / or HONEY related items. Not more than 5 items, which may include mead, cut comb, wax products, polish etc. Display area no greater than 20cm x 20cm.
- ONE JAR OF HONEY of any variety, with producer’s label as for sale.
- ONE CAKE OF BEESWAX. (200g-255g or 7oz to 9oz)
- SIX WAX BLOCKS (28G or 1OZ)
- ONE HONEY CAKE (See Show Schedule for recipe)
- HONEY CRUNCH BISCUITS Ingredients/recipe: Competitor’s own choice,
- HONEY FLAPJACK (See Show Schedule for recipe)
- HONEY LEMON CURD Ingredients: competitor’s own choice.
- A PHOTOGRAPH, on a theme connected with honey bees or beekeeping. (See Show Schedule for dimensions)
SCHOOLS CLASSES – OPEN TO ALL SCHOOLS
- FIVE HONEY CRUNCH BISCUITS
- A PHOTOGRAPH, MODEL, DRAWING OR PAINTING. Relating to Beekeeping. Drawings and paintings must be on size A4 paper. (Photograph sizes as Class 19). Judge will group the entries into three classes, by age. Prizes will be awarded in each class.
The Silver Challenge Rose Bowl – to the BBKA member who gains the most points in all classes
The Challenge Rose Bowl– will be awarded to the BBKA member who is the runner up
The Elliot Trophy – awarded to the BBKA member who wins class 1
The Tyes Trophy – awarded to the BBKA member who wins class 4
The F.M. Kendrew Memorial Rose Bowl–awarded to the BBKA member who wins the gift class
A Perpetual Silver Plate with Medal – awarded to the exhibitor with the most points in all classes
NEW FOR 2016
The Coulson Cup – awarded to the BBKA member who wins class 19
Bee Beautiful gift pack kindly donated by Bee Good – to be awarded to the best exhibit by a lady